Wednesday, April 11, 2012

NYX Eyeshadow Base Review

I always hate it when my eye makeup wouldn't last long enough and touch-ups (I HATE touch-ups) had to done inevitably. What couldn't be more irritating was to have your eye makeup smudged all over your eyes, ruining not just your eye makeup, but your entire face. After much thought, I decided to invest in a primer, an eye primer to be exact.

After reading some reviews on certain products, I decided to invest in a 'not-so' high end primer first since it would be my 1st attempt in using it - NXY Eyeshadow Base. There are 2 choices to NYX Eyeshadow base which is Nude or Pearl and I chose Pearl.

It's so teeny weeny, hehe~
Top view of NXY Eyeshadow Base

Hmm..the container for the eyeshadow base isn't big at all, maybe 5cm width? I used my index finger to do a estimate measurement and it was almost close to half of my finger's length.

I may have chosen the wrong base afterall cause Pearl is a little glossy and shimmery. For a base, I don't think one should chose one that is shimmery at all.

Sorry, already used a little thus for the dent :P

Somehow, when I applied this onto my eye, it looked pretty much like a white shimmery eyeshadow and it felt...ok. The texture of the eyeshadow base was fine too but it is a little oily in my opinion.

The base has a white shimmery glow.

I was really hoping it can help me in making my eye makeup last longer (like more than 8 hours) but unfortunately, NYX Eyeshadow couldn't do the job. It didn't even last more than 3 hours. Bleh! My eye makeup turned all smudgy as always right after the 3rd hour (and I wasn't even out in the sun!), ruining my entire look for the day -_-"

There are definitely other eyeshadow primers which may do the job but frankly, they aren't exactly cheap. Not knowing if any of them can really do the job of making my eye makeup stay put on my eye for long, I really felt skeptical buying them. I was almost of the verge of giving up and buy Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer when I happened to stumbled onto a blog where a female blogger was blogging her experience of DIY eyeshadow primer!

I apologise for not linking her blog because as I mentioned, I STUMBLED onto it so I am unable to show you how she DIY it. I decided to experiment anyway since no harm trying and miraculously, it worked! My eye makeup lasted me throughout the day and I am talking about more than 9 hours long! Can you imagine how much that will save me compared to buying an eye primer?

Have always been planning to work on a tutorial blog post on this DIY eye primer but my eye infection had to join the party. I promise I will work on this tutorial blog post once I can splash 'warpaint' back onto my eye so fellow ladies who shares the same woes as me for having easily smudged eye makeup will not be troubled anymore!

Soon, soon it will come!

Rating (out of 5): 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!