Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dentist Visit - A long-term phobia~

Yes....laugh at me in any ways you want. I am afraid of going to the dentist, and this had been my worst phobia ever. I already resigned to fate, knowing one day I may jolly well have my teeth all decayed and teeth-less...until now.

Year 2012 is considered a really weird year for me, at least until now. Firstly, I have not been in a good health since the beginning of 2012 with a ridiculously high fever, cough, flu, followed by gotten my voice almost down to whispers. However, I dunno where I got my courage to think to myself that perhaps, this year I will want to brave myself and storm to the dentist! Since last year, my dear hubby had been reminding/encouraging me to go but I just didn't dare to make the call. This year, with the help of my dear colleague who really bothered to nag at me to go (You know who you are, and THANKS!), I made my 1st dental call of many years and made a reservation. Seriously, I really gotta thank her else I think I may just never enter a dental clinic once again.

Now, my teeth is totally clean and fresh and clear of tartar/plague! Though the process was a pain in the ass (I literally got injected more than 10 times to numb my gums), it was totally worth the pain! Frankly speaking, throughout the process, I was trembling, shaking and not to mention 200% uptight due to my phobia. As painful as it can be, I am less afraid now and will not hesitate to be a good dental patient to go to the dentist whenever it is needed.

It has been days since I had gone to the dentist, but the pain is still there. My teeth is more sensitive now, and my corner gums are slightly sore (could be due to the injections and pulling from the dentist). I really hope they will subside soon so I don't have to be so skeptical about it T.T

Next visit to the dentist will be to review my teeth and thereafter, we will be able to discuss further on how to close up the gaps between my teeth. This month is a freaking hectic month for me, I hope I can get to go back to my dentist after my business trip to Seoul.....

For overcoming my long-term phobia, I like to *pat* myself for being so brave! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!