Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nail Art Stickers (Water Decals) - Tutorial

After being a nail art addict for a period, I've yet to touch base on nail art stickers. NEVER. Thanks to my friend, I was finally able to experience my 'first' nail art sticker process!

My dear friend brought us a few nail art sticker designs from her sponsor and got me, along with another friend to choose. I chose a Pink Leopard Printed nail art sticker set for this attempt. Yeah, so expected of me ya? Hehehe...

From the look of it, it's pretty gorgeous, isn't it? Frankly, I was kinda nervous yet curious about how this whole thing works. Nonetheless, I came prepared and my nails were all cleaned before this 'experiment'. That's the most important and also the first thing that needs to be done before anything gets started! Now, let's move on to the process.

First, what we did next was cut out all the nail art stickers individually from the set and put them all into a bowl of water. That's right, a bowl of water is what you need! Leave it be for a good 2-3 minutes before you use a tweezer to pick it up from the water. You will notice the sticker's starting to peel open.

Next, put it over your nail (according to your nail size). Use a cuticle stick to omit the air from the sticker and smoothen the surface.

Once you deem ok to proceed, apply a layer of top coat on your nail stickers. The stickers will start to work their magic (start to bend).

Wait for them to semi-dry, followed by using a nail filer to file the excess away. Once done, it will look like this.

Yes, there's bubble on my nail so please pardon my noob-ness since it's my first try! If you do not wait for your nails to dry upon applying the top coat, here's the consequence you will face (I got mine T.T):

*sob* It's so wasted! I could almost enjoy a damage-free set of nail art stickers on me!

After my dear friend did a few nails for me, I decided to experiment it on my own so as to understand the complexity of doing this.

It really wasn't easy for me to complete the whole process within an hour, which in this experiment/attempt, we took slightly longer than that. Upon completion, I was practically immersed with my own nails!

Another few shots on my new achievement, full view!

I really love this set of Pink Leopard Printed nail art stickers, especially when they're on me!

Well, this was a truly fun and exciting experience for me, though it took us quite some time to complete our nails. I reckon once we are used to the process, the time taken will definitely be much lesser. The nail art stickers aren't costly, hence for those who are not exactly into freehand nail art but want to have fancy nail designs, you may just wanna try it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!