Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chiso Zanmai @ The Central ~ A Japanese Buffet

Back in June, I was browsing through all the various food sites looking for an affordable buffet restaurant as requested by my dearest for his birthday treat (he rejected my suggestion for Melt the World Cafe!) and stumbled onto this restaurant - Chiso Zanmai.

Maybe I had not been going downtown for so long, I honestly didn't know there was this restaurant situated within The Central. Based on what I've read from its website, it stated that it is the cheapest Japanese buffet from Osaka. After showing photos from the site to him, we made up our mind to go there for his birthday treat (finally!).

Chiso Zanmai is located on the 2nd floor of The Central, and customers are required to take an escalator to the actual main entrance. As we drove there and got to the restaurant from the other end, we went in through their 2nd floor rear entrance instead, hahaha...

Chiso Zanmai has a really nice decor - simple, minimalist and spacious. The buffet spread is being displayed in a linear way so anyone can hardly miss any single selection.

The very first and favourite dish I love from Chiso Zanmai is their hotpot soup! It is so tasty, and full of seafood within!

Usually, people might have patronised cold cuts first followed by the main dishes but somehow, I always like to do it the other way round. Other finishing most of the main dishes lined up on the opposite of cold cuts, I made my way to scan them through briefly before I started digging.

Frankly, I am not exactly a lover of cold cuts so I only took a few which I believed I could take and they tasted really good! On the bottom right of the photo above, it was a cold dish comprised of broccoli, mushroom and cooked salmon. Though the salmon was cooked, it was served fresh and cold. Odd perhaps, but yet delicious enough.

Last but not the least, dessert section could never be a section to miss, not matter which buffet restaurant you go! Their buffet section has all the usual desserts and pastries, but what made me pay more attention had to be the black tart placed alongside the rest.

From what I read on their food tag, this is called 'Seaweed tart'. With its look so black but yet captivating, I felt like eating it too. But poor me, I couldn't have a piece of it at all since it's made of seaweed. *shrucks*

Given its price and food selection, I'll say that Chiso Zanmai is a very affordable buffet restaurant for those who feel that going for buffet means spending a bomb. What disappointed us was the lack of sashimi (they don't serve sashimi at all) and cooked food was a bit less than warm. Overall, Zanmai gave me an affordable price for a buffet lunch, a cozy dining experience and a decent food spread.

With $19.90++ per pax (not inclusive of drinks) on a weekend afternoon, what more can you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!