Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Todai @ Marina Bay Sands

Today, I am going to blog about FOOD. Yes, FOOD!

I've heard reviews about Todai many times, good and bad. Being one who likes buffet (though I don't really eat that much), I always hope I would have the opportunity to patronise Todai. That said, it is often true to the saying, "Be careful what you wish for, for it may just come true afterall". During my partners' visit to Singapore, I grabbed the opportunity and arrange a dinner at Todai.

For one, I didn't expect the restaurant to be so...blue-ish. It gave me an impression of a Seafood-oriented restaurant. Well, it is somewhat true since it serves international cuisine. Once seated, something on the table caught my eye.

How thoughtful of them to place a "map" of their restaurant on their dining tables so customers will have ease of navigating within their restaurant! During my visit, I was arranged to sit at the "Chinese Zone" shown on the left of the photo above.

Todai serves quite a wide selection mainly Seafood, Sushi & Roll, Chinese, Deep Fry, Churrasco, Oven Food, Korean, Italian, Cold Food, Noodle and lastly, Pastry. The 1st place I "attacked" had to be the Sushi & Roll section! I took plentiful salmon sashimi and some sushi to begin my dinner at Todai~

Sushi & Roll section
Sashimi & Seafood
As you can see, there are simply too many varieties just for the sushi & roll section. I almost didn't know where to start when I got there. On the other hand, their varieties for Seafood were quite little compared to other buffet restaurants. Yet, I gotta thumbs up for their prawns. They're so fresh, and huge!

Next section, I moved on to the "Cold Food" section~

Cold Food & Italian section
This section displays mainly salads and cold cuts. Further end shown in the picture displays Italian food. Rightfully speaking, I should have started from here to amplify my appetite but the sushi section just got to me first.

The "Churrasco" section is one nasty section for meat-lovers. Oh, and when I said nasty, I don't mean it's bad, it's just filled with many choices of meat!

Ribeye, beef striploin, chicken and sausages are all in this section. How could the meat-lovers not love them? However, yours truly aren't exactly a big lover of meat, thus I just took a wee bit of chicken and mushroom. They taste equally delicious though!

 As I explored further within Todai, I found myself standing in front of the "Korean Food" section.

Korean Food section
What's the chef cooking? Korean Fish Pancake of course! They also serve Bibimbap (my fav!) but if I took that into my stomach, I definitely wouldn't be able to stuff other delicacy anymore. Other than those, they have bulgogi, spicy pork, kimchi and more. Took a little of each (except for beef) and headed back to my seat.

The "Chinese" section has quite a wide variety as well. Those who just can't stay away from Chinese cuisine may simply fall in love with this section.

Chinese section
The bestseller from this section will have to be the Chilli Crab. From what I saw the queue was always very long and the staff would need to refill it every 10 minutes. I skipped this dish due to the long queue...

Alas, we reached the final but the most sweetening section - Desserts & Pastry! This is one section no one should miss!

Desserts & Pastry section
Todai's dessert & pastry section is very impressive. They have so many different types of desserts & pastry, it took me quite some time to decide what to take first. In this section, I feel that the way they display the macaroons is very innovative (shown on the picture above). I felt kinda guilty taking them down from it, hehe.

Thanks to my colleague who was with me that day, he took a pretty good shot of me ^^.

To conclude, Todai is a pretty good place for buffet if you are looking for an exceptionally wide spread of cuisine, internationally. Priced at $42++ (Lunch) $58++ (Dinner) for weekdays, and $54++ (Lunch) and $58++ (Dinner) for weekends, I would say their price is pretty reasonable for the number of varieties they have.

However, do come on an empty stomach if possible. There's too many for you to indulge and you will not want to miss any of them. I made a mistake by having a high-tea session before going to Todai for dinner and I believe I only ate 50% of what's available over there. :(

Rating: 3/5

Address for Todai:
#B2-01 The Shoppes @ Marina Bay Sands,
2 Bayfront Ave Singapore 018972
Phone: +65 6688 7771

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!