Monday, February 7, 2011

eReading from NLB FTW ~

Wahahaha ~ I am so damn happy! Why? Cos with my Samsung Galaxy Tab, I am able to read my novels in it BUT without the need to pay in order to read! I may be outdated if anyone knew about it already but it's only until now did I know that NLB (National Library Board) provides ebooks for loan!

All thanks to my colleague who showed me "Digital Life" which was a few issues ago, there was a few pages of articles writing about utilising tablets for ereading. From there, I discovered that an application known as "OverDrive" is able to allow me to access NLB for ebooks which are available for loan. With that, I do not need to purchase any ebooks from Kobo or Amazon anymore unless there is a novel I really want to read from! ^^

And so, the current ebook (novel) I am reading now on my galaxy tab is :~


Nice novel, am 40% into the novel and the storyline's pretty good. It was my first attempt on Dean Koontz's novel though. Wanted to loan Sidney Sheldon's novels but they were out on loan already :(

It is a good knowledge discovered and this has allowed me to continue reading without cluttering my storage full of physical novels. I thought it to be good to share to all of you should you reside in Singapore. This application is available on almost all smart phones especially iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry. For me, I believe it will be a good long time before I may step into Kobo and actually purchase an ebook there since OverDrive has pretty much a hefty collection of good novels (Yes, I already explored a.k.a scout it :P). Oh, the loan terms are exactly the same as loaning physical books from NLB ~ 21 days & it will automatically returned back to NLB. Cool right? ^^

Alright, no time to lose, I have only 16 days left to finish this enovel & I'm just 40% onto it! Ciao!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!