Friday, March 11, 2011

My new toy ~ Olympus XZ-1~!

I am proud to present my new toy camera brought back from IT Show today - Olympus XZ-1!


The front view looks like this but I didn't take it as I am still charging it! (Too anxious to get it started so I charged it the moment I stepped into my house, HAHA!)


The sales crew told me that I gotta charge my battery for at least 7 hours for 1st charge, hence, I was so excited to take any photo before I start charging...

Initially, there were 3 models I was looking at to be my choice of camera - Canon Powershot s95, Lumix LX5 and Olympus XZ-1. Was very interested to get s95 since I am looking at compact camera but after a review from my colleague who just got it recently, I decided to drop the idea of getting s95. Negative review of cos...Then, it boils down to LX5 and XZ-1. Since these 2 models are very competitive, I decided to seek for professional's help a.k.a ClubSnap Forum. In the forum, it appeared that the review for LX5 wasn't that great at all & the turn-off came to me when I saw that it was pretty poor in Night Mode....can't really have too much motion else the photo will get really blurry >.<

Upon stumbling there, I learned that DPreview.Com is a very famous website within the photography world & thus, I went there to seek for more advices on what I should get. There, I went to the reviews of LX5 and XZ-1:

Panasonic Lumix LX5 - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q42010highendcompactgroup/

Olympus XZ-1 - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/OlympusXZ1/

This site is the ultimate place that firmed up my decision. Upon reading both reviews, I set my mind onto buying XZ-1. At Olympus' booth in IT Show, I learned that other than the Art Filters which I am interested in, the Soft Focus within Art Filter is one of the focus too. Apparently, it isn't easy to implement a Soft Focus filter within a camera, according to the sales crew...

Oh well, things went hay-wired again when I was physically at IT Show. I discovered E-PL1 was on offer, a really good offer indeed - $698 with lotsa freebies! They actually gave $300 off from the retail price! I was so tempted to get it as after trying the camera, the quality's really good! But well, in the end, I still chose my initial decision's camera, XZ-1 due to the fact that it has SLR features but compact camera while E-PL1 has SLR features with interchangeable lens. If i don't have a kid, I may just consider getting it. But with a kid in toll, how to move around with such a bulky camera? Get my point right?????

Never mind, most important fact now is I bought this baby home & I promised myself I'll make good use of it. That means more photos in future too! The sales crew was generous enough to offer me 2 16GB SD cards instead of 1 8GB with 1 16GB SD card along with other freebies.

Now, this camera get me all excited & I really can't wait to start snapping around with this new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!