Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Day!

Happy Easter Day everyone!

Although I do not really celebrate Easter Day, I was inspired to design a DIY Easter Manicure for myself now that I am so into DIY manicure, hehe.

Initially, I wanted to create Easter Egg Manicure on my nails. You know, those that have many different colors of easter eggs with polka dots on them. However, it seems that many people are already adopting that idea, or rather, using multiple colors to represent easter, and so, I decided on another design instead.

For this design, I did not use any China Glaze or OPI nail lacquers. Just FaceShop and Etude House's nail lacquers - PP401 and GR606. Other than that, I also used a silver glittery nail polish that comes with a thin brush from PR International to draw boundary lines between my 2 colors. I didn't plan on a tutorial for this manicure as the colors were changed on a last minute basis where I originally wanted to match yellow with GR606 (green) but the yellow lacquer was too hard to apply (streaky). Adds on to my hate for creme-based lacquers, arghhh. Oh, and I added Fimo slices on them too. How can I forget my fimos, hehe!


The finished product of my Easter Manicure ^^. Although it's not very Easter (I think), I feel that the color combination along with my fimo slices (Thanks to my colleague for sharing her Easter Egg fimo cane with me!) do make this manicure a success :D Honestly speaking, this design looks kinda sweet on my nails :P

After this, I gotta rest my nails for a day or 2 to give them some treatment before I proceed to my next manicure. Can't torture them for the sake of beauty right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!