Wednesday, April 6, 2011

'Zebra' Manicure!

Over the last weekend, I swatched a nail lacquer which I just acquired online - China Glaze's 'The Ten Men'. It wasn't the easiest lacquer to swatch but I think apparently, some of my friends commented that the silver looked good on my nails.Please do not get me wrong, The Ten Men is not a bad nail lacquer, but perhaps just had a different kind of formula which is just not the easiest to be applied...I was pretty annoyed by the obvious brush strokes on my thumb, so I decided to do a tape manicure over them.

Wanted to snap the progress of my tape manicure for this but they were just too messy. With the tape manicure I had in mind, they required too many tapes & my hands on this day, just broke out in sweat far too often. With sweat breaking out, making the tapes sticking on the nails were really challenging T_T"
Nonetheless, I completed them!


Don't be shocked if you see the designs being inconsistent, I purposely wanted them this way. In order to show such design, every nail required almost 3 stripes of scotch tapes! In the end, after the tape manicure was completed, I began to feel my nails look resembling 'zebra' stripes. And yes they really does! Hence, I named my tape manicure of this as 'Zebra' manicure, hehe! Not too shabby ya? I know improvements are required of cos! I really hope to do more different style of tape manicure for the fun of it and also to lighten my own life by a fair bit!

I already have in mind my next tape manicure and for this upcoming design, I intend to blend both tape manicure and fimo nail art together! Wish me luck & you shall see the outcome soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!