Saturday, May 7, 2011

Polling Day 2011 - My 2nd Vote

Well, time does flies likes nobody business. With a blink of an eye, 5 years had passed. With that said, it was my 1st vote of my entire 25 years that I'd lived up to in year 2006. And to think my 1st vote in Year 2006 GE was under Tampines GRC where MBT resided...Its history already so am not gonna blurb who I'd voted for. Nah, not a chance!

Now, 5 years had passed & here comes my 2nd vote out of my 30 years. This time, I'm under Pasir-Ris Punggol GRC. However, for this round, i'm having mixed feelings on who to vote...I'm not one who's Anti-PAP or Anti-OPP, Pro-PAP or Pro-OPP. I'm just an ordinary woman who just want to place a vote on whichever party can do their part in benefiting my GRC. After listening to some rallies online (No luxury of time to attend rallies personally), I feel that both parties have their pros and cons. Till now (its Polling Day!), I still considering who to place my vote on...

It is not my place to discriminate any parties here so am not gonna make any comparison via my blog anyway. They have been compared in my heart and each has their own merits/flaws. Though PAP did offend me once with an issue i faced when i just shifted here, its not exactly one matter which i should use to turn my vote around. Neither should I turn my ears away from what the contestors (OPP) have to say either. This time, its really a difficult vote for me to make...

Questions to ponder regardless which side wins...If PAP wins, will they honor what they promised which they always do but never really fulfilled? If OPP wins, will they perform whatever they have proposed during the rally or in their manifesto for the next 5 years? If OPP really wins, do they continue with the plans PAP had done in progress or conduct their own plans?

Honestly, these questions popped in my head countless times and they are the ones that make me really in a difficult position to decide. Having said that, it does not sum up to any decision so readers, please do not mis-interprete. My decision and vote will be secret afterall!

Its just a few hours left to actual polling. I hope by the time i stepped into the polling centre, I can firm up my decision on who to vote.

Vote wisely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!