Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Utterly Disappointed~!

This is a *rant* post.

It was Labour Day. It was also my Mum's birthday.

We were meeting up with my mum & my relatives for dinner as a form of celebrating her birthday & with my aunt's recommendation, we had dinner somewhere close to her house, as well as for her convenience. Hence, we had dinner at this restaurant located at Old Havelock Road...


It was utterly disappointing to have our dinner there! To think it's a birthday dinner somemore!

What this restaurant DON'T HAVE:
1) No Menu
2) Lack of Serving Crew
3) DO NOT serve chicken related dishes
4) Serve only dishes that are simple to cook, easy to cook
5) Seriously expensive!

Imagine, they recommended dishes like 'Minced Meat with Tau Kwa', 'Oyster Omelette', 'Duck Meat with Tau Kwa', 'Celery with Prawns'! All these dishes were so easy to prepare and cook! When my aunt asked about how they would cook pork with, the lady could replied, 'Stir-fried pork with spring onions'! What the hell!

We could even come up with excuses for them to have such simple dishes. Maybe the food's cheap that's why so many people come to eat? Maybe the food's really good? We wish but it wasn't those. The food is simply BLAND and SIMPLE! Even I also know HOW TO COOK! Especially the minced meat with tau kaw, who in the hell won't know how to make such simple dish? To think this plate of dish cost us 18 bucks!

Overall damage outta this dinner summed up to $200+. It was terribly expensive and we really had the 'scammed' look when she showed up the bill. By no means will we ever patronise this restaurant, EVER!

It was fortunate that my cousin didn't join us as I knew that should he be present, he will definitely kick a fuss out of this and lodge a complaint to CASE. I myself almost wanted to do the same thing but stopped myself from doing it cos there wasn't any photos (didn't have the time at that time) to back myself up with.

I felt bad for my mum though. It was meant to be a happy ocassion for her since it was meant to celebrate her birthday but to think we stumpled upon a 黑店 which robbed us of all the mood we had for that evening. Hope she didn't take it too hard...

A piece of advice to those who are searcing for good eating place, DO NOT patronise this restaurant unless you planned to be scammed by simple dishes and a big burnt in your wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!