Wednesday, January 5, 2011

About my Skin ~ A Visit to the GP

For those who had read what i posted in Tumblr previously before i moved my blog here, you should have known about the skin condition on my face. I made a promise to myself to visit a doctor soon so as to find out what the hell went wrong with my bloody face that is ensuring it is singing symphony - endless breakouts. After a long debating within my soul, i finally dragged myself to the GP today.

Waited like 45 minutes to be able to see the doctor's 如山真面目 (Ok lar, she quite young & pretty. Yes, it's a SHE) yet i felt kinda relieved as she's quite friendly. Told her about the problems i am facing along with the type of situation i am encountering, she prescribed this to me...


Eryacne ~ the medication she prescribed for me to treat my acnes. Yes, she diagnosed my condition as ACNE but considered as average condition since they are not that wide-spread yet. She also told me the following when i asked her the DO's and DON'Ts:

Me: How long will this medication gel shows result in de-swell my acnes?
Doctor: Give it 2 weeks to show its results.
Me: Can I use night cream?
Doctor: NO. Please don't use night cream.

Me: Can I use moisturiser?
Doctor: Yes, only if it's lotion-based. Not oil-based, not creamy-based.

Me: Which skin type do I belong to?
Doctor: You have mixture. Dry and Oily at the same time a.k.a Combination Skin

Me: How do I make the acne scars fade or disappear?
Doctor: Do nothing. Maintain a healthy diet & the scars will slowly fade away, unless you wish to laser them away.

Me: Can the whitening skincare products help to reduce the scar marks?
Doctor: NO. They won't as they meant to lighten pigmentation only rather than acne scar marks. Don't waste your money on those products.

So what caused the skin condition on my face to be so terrible? Honestly speaking, the doctor wasn't sure as well since she said it could be Hormonal Changes, weather changes or even usage of pore-clogging skincare products for too long that resulted in what i am experiencing today. Sigh..ultimate sadness...

Was glad that i made the right decision in storming into a GP 1st. Nice doctor (company listed, but still gotta pay up cos skin condition not eligible to claim) & nice advices given. Can consider heading back for future consultation, hehe. Hope my acnes will stop giving me problems by stop visiting my face & let the scars disappear ASAP, shoo..SHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Do drop me any comments you feel about my post!